Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hmm...

I'm starting to grow weary of the gay community. It seems people have no loyalty to friendships or any type of human relationship. People will stab you in the back to get on the good side of another in hopes of getting that person in bed. One instance I can remember is I was at a bar having a neutral conversation with a guy. I was telling him where I'm from, basically my story. This person openly lied about the information I told him to another guy that was showing interest in me. It was kind of an eye opener. I've seen it many times in the past but subconsciously wiped it away. The more I think about it, the more I didn't realize how self centered and disloyal this community can be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having just read your post about your new character of selflessness, might I suggest a rule I like to follow? I try to surround myself with those who have the principles I want, not the principles I have but don't want. If you want to learn to be nice, hang out with nice people. If you want to learn to be selfless, hang out with people who are selfless. You'll be shocked how much easier it is to model behavior than invent it. How do you think you got to be the way you are? Modeling was surely involved at some point.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant insight by thirdwaver2. I think that's why most of the people I've known who have grown to be absolutely incredible people tend to volunteer, have their own interests/hobbies, etc. Interestingly enough, that's often where they find their BF's too!