Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pro...crast....ina...tion

Yes I procrastinate a lot and I mean a lot. Sometimes on real important things like paying bills haha. Anyways, I was reading in TDM (The DaVinci Method, it will be referred to as TDM from now on) that it's a quality of DaVinci types to procrastinate because some of us think that why struggle with a project when we know there's a good chance a powerful insight will come. In the book it explains that I shouldn't procrastinate and that I should just engage the project. 

For example, one project that I've been known to procrastinate on pretty consistently is writing papers haha. The book suggests that I just start brain storming and really engage the problem at hand. Don't actually write anything or commit to any thought, just basically sift through all the thoughts and wait for the powerful insight to come. It's an interesting concept and I'm going to try my damnest to apply it to all of my life. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To quote Nike... Just do it!

Anonymous said...

what I think will be funny is if this is your last post for a long time haha! :D