In the past I have been pretty self-centered and selfish. When someone would ask for my help or assistance with a task, I'd usually make a big deal out of it and physically show that I would rather be doing something else. In the past few months though I've begun to see it in a new light. I'm learning to see that there is growth with each new experience. Whether it be helping a friend move or doing a task for somebody that doesn't have the time for it (because they're too busy with other things). You have to think positive about the situation and see the bigger picture even if there's something I'd rather be doing. Not everything that has to be done is going to be fun but if you change your thought about it and not get stuck in thinking negatively about it, you can learn to enjoy it.
On a side note, I got attacked by birds walking to my car yesterday. I came out of the building to start my lunch and as I was walking toward my car two birds dive bombed. Luckily I saw their shadow and was able to evade them ha ha. Either they had a new nest nearby or my epic bedhead looking appealing as a nest ha ha.
Anyways, back to work I go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just think of all the doors that will open from this new mindset. The very same ones that used to silently close ahead of you because of your character. Imagine the exciting future ahead of you with all of those opportunities. Just don't be impatient. It will take time for people who've known you for a while to see the change and feel it's genuine.
Checked you out again after posting a comment on your site on June 3rd, and glad to see you're coping and keeping cheerful. Looks like you've got some supportive friends too - best of luck.
Brian (Australia)
Post a Comment