Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sacrifice Time...

So today I backed out of my summer math class. I thought about this decision for a few days and it was highly influenced by the price of gas right now. I don't have a motorcycle anymore and I am dying to have one right now. It is a better mode of transportation with the astronomical price of gas.

So instead of summer classes, I'm going to work a part-time job. One of my roommates works at IHOP here in town and I put in an application to be a server or host. I hope this pans out and I can start this weekend. With the extra money, I plan to save some of it for a motorcycle and use some of it to get my car in better shape (get the smog issues taken care of, registered, and some needed maintenance). I want to save around $4000 for a garden variety 600. I'm going to work out the details tonight in my budget.

On the emotional front, Sean and I are trying a friendship. I admit it will be a test for me to distance myself emotionally concerning the people he dates. We spent last night talking it over and working out the details. I told him that I don't want to know about the guys he sees unless absolutely necessary. I'm still healing from the break up and it would just complicate everything if I knew.

Contradicting what I said above, I met someone that Sean went on a date with. I felt jealous because I'm still possessive about Sean and I had. I'll eventually learn to see it in a different light. I'm cautiously optimistic going forward with this, but I know we make better friends than partners at the time.

I rented a ton of books from the library to help with the stages of a break up. I've been reading online articles as well to help cope with the flood of emotions. Along with the books on how to cope, I also picked up some books about dealing with the loss of a loved one. I think I still have some deep seated issues about the death of my mom. And since I'm single and have all the time I want to myself, why not try to figure out what's really going on.

Well I think that's enough for tonight. I might ride the house bike to Carl's Jr. and pick up a green burrito. Afterwards, I was thinking of hitting the V E Club to shoot some pool. Who knows!

Thanks for reading :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - You don't know me, but I just happened to come across your blog and wanted to say something. I'm not gay myself, but I know that the break-up of a loving relationship - whether straight or gay - is very difficult to cope with. I'm struggling with it myself at the moment but I've found that such a thing can never be recaptured once it's gone and so a friendship with the other person is the best solution. That way, you still retain a little bit of them. The pain of knowing they have a relationship with someone else is heart-breaking but I guess it has to be accepted - and WILL be accepted eventually. Just remember, you're not alone in your sadness.

Regards,

Brian (Australia)

RReese76 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RReese76 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.